Thursday, June 26, 2008

At work we are getting way too much overtime. I know some people really love it, but I would prefer just to work parttime so it seems working fulltime is my overtime. Anyway, my very sweet husband has been trying to take days off in the middle of the week to make my one day off seem more special.
Yesterday we went camping in Wyoming with some friends and took the motorcycles are four-wheelers with us. Brigitte has always ridden with me, but she is getting too tall to sit in front of me and my four-wheeler isn't condusive to carrying a passenger behind me. Maybe I am just too protective, I mean she is almost 9 and has never ridden by herself unless it was in my dad's driveway. And then always in full protective gear (helmet, chest protector, gloves, etc.)!!! Anyway, John put her on my nephews four-wheeler and off we went. She is absolutely amazing, cautious yet willing to try it with her daddy there to help. There was only one place she got really scared, and it was the sameplace I refused to ride.
It never ceases to amaze me the tenderness my husband shows Brigitte when it really matters. He talked her through everything even remotely difficult and she had the time of her life. As mom I was scared watching her, she is growing up so fast.
Camping is always fun, although tenting is not the most comfortable!!!! We had smores (of course) and hotdogs, and our friends made breakfast burritos, YUM!

No comments: